[extropy-chat] Twenty Questions Twenty Questions -Theneural-net on the Internet

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 19 22:36:00 UTC 2005

--- spike <spike66 at comcast.net> wrote:

> What we have learned is that the Turing test can be challenged
> with nothing more sophisticated than a giant lookup table.
> I have long suspected that much of human-speak is nothing
> more than a de-facto lookup table.  If we could get a ton
> of data from teen chat sites, randomly generate comments
> such as "sup", "how r u?", "shizzle be down widdat, dawg,"
> all liberally sprinkled with the universal functional adverb
> "like", we could create a lookup table that would do an
> adequate job of simulating an unsophisticated human,
> possibly good enough to fool some on Turing's criterion.

Especially considering some of the people one encounters online already
of questionable humanity.... it is apparent the lack of intelligence
does not preclude one from being human. To pass the Turing Test, I
think it would be more important to develop artificial stupidity.

=====
Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)