[extropy-chat] Analyzing the simulation argument

Rick aperick at centurytel.net
Tue Feb 22 23:16:19 UTC 2005

-----Original Message-----
Dan Clemmensen wrote:

> all points on  the simulation continuum are indistinguishable from the
no-sim hypothesis.

I concede no victory here.

Dan's assertion *could* certainly be true. And, in most cases, if you see
anything truly strange happen that would lend itself to supporting the sim
hypothesis you could just as easily choose instead to doubt your own sanity
or some such. But I still allow for the possibility of an analysis of my
life's recollections causing me to lean toward suspecting simulation. Today
I am assigning the probability of rick as sim only 49.5% And, being a
scientist type guy, that number will always be subject to evidence and
argument.