[extropy-chat] Re: Where have you been?

Ian Goddard iamgoddard at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 23 00:41:41 UTC 2005

spike wrote:

>>  Thanks for the kind greeting spike! Yeah, I've
>> been off list for several years, apart from
>> popping in once in '01 to post a link to my
>> caloric-restriction report...
>
>Been there, read that, liked it.

Thanks spike. I really need to update that report
since so much has been published since I wrote it,
virtually all favorable toward the hypothesis that CR
will do for humans what it does for animals. I've not
had the time over the last few years to add much
content my site, other than some redesigning.

> Your title "Eat Less-Live More" reminds me of high
> school.  We were weighing in for boxing (I was
> never a serious boxer, but I had fun with it).  125
> pounds is the dividing line between the
> featherweights and the lightweights.  I could knock
> the bony little blocks off of all the feathers.
> But the lightweights, those beefy 130 pound brutes,
> well, they would have killed me for sure.  So I
> made certain I stayed in the featherweights, the
> division I would still be in today, 28 years
> later.

Amazing! Few people maintain their teenage weight
thereafter. Before I started doing CR I'd been
steadily gaining weight along with my peers. It wasn't
till after I shed that post-teen excess that I
suddenly noticed how fat everyone's else has been
getting, with few exceptions.

http://iangoddard.net/cr.htm