[extropy-chat] Sharpening the Zen Razor

Hara Ra harara at sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 26 04:30:56 UTC 2005

I find Occam's Razor an excellent principle for discarding non
falsifiables. I always ask if a concept will bring me new insights or
information, and non falsifiables never do so. If a non falsifiable is
presented with testable evidence, it is now falsifiable and deserves
investigation. Keeps my mind empty to recieve usable information.

I am also thinking of that Zen Garden program. One may criticize it for
many reasons, but its simplicity and 'just so' qualities are IMO part of
its charm. Occam's Rake, so to speak....

>Your comments on Occam's razor sound right and in the
>direction of quantify Occam's razor as more than a
>principle of aesthetics.
>
>http://iangoddard.net

=   Hara Ra (aka Gregory Yob)    =
=     harara at sbcglobal.net       =