[extropy-chat] New animation

Adrian Tymes wingcat at pacbell.net
Sat Feb 26 06:09:32 UTC 2005

--- Gina Miller <nanogirl at halcyon.com> wrote:
> You are right, and initially I wanted to show a
> milky soup of bots in the liquid tank, but it would
> not be clear enough to the eye or easily understood
> by the mainstream. So I opted for a simple and
> generalized depiction, more suited for a mainstream
> audience. In some cases the knowledge that you and I
> have on these subjects would actually require an
> explanation with the animation, so to avoid this, in
> this scene I have condensed the events in an over
> simplified way.

Ah.  Yes, definitely a valid concern, but I can think
of a better simplification.  Rather than pull the guy
out then have a doctor inject, have a robot arm in the
tank perform the injection.  Also, have the entire
suspension tank be horizontal.  Zoom out and drain
after the nanites do their work.  Still have a doctor
monitor the process, of course - operating a console
on the outside of the time.