[extropy-chat] weaponry

Adrian Tymes wingcat at pacbell.net
Fri Jan 7 00:57:49 UTC 2005

--- Kevin Freels <cmcmortgage at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Some may call this paranoia. I don't. To me, that
> line is crossed when fear
> creates behavior that is inconvenient. Carrying a
> gun is no more
> inconvenient to me than carrying a wallet.

That speaks a lot about the difference in perception.
Some people live in circumstances where carrying a gun
would very well be inconvenient.  I.e., people who fly
a lot or otherwise have to pass through many metal
detectors or pat-downs (not always of the type
intended to be a security measure, but which would
detect a gun where none is expected).

> Noone
> calls me paranoid for being
> afraid of being stuck somewhere with no ID or money.

These days, there are locations where that worry would
be viewed as paranoia, by the above definition -
assuming a credit or ATM card doesn't count.  Only in
certain regions, however.