[extropy-chat] change of topic

Ned Late nedlt at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 11 18:03:27 UTC 2005

If parents don't have time to monitor their childrens' education then perhaps they should think twice or thrice about having children in the first place. (BTW let's not call children 'kids', we don't need to call women 'broads' or 'chicks', do we?).
Actually, the '50s weren't all that bad, but it couldn't last, external pressures dislocate all familial utopias. When utopian conservatives pine for the '50s they are nostalgic for nuclear family monopoly.

 Olga Bourlin wrote:> Begging your pardon, but this is 2005 and most parents are *at work.*
The 1950s are over, and they're never coming back (thank goodness).
http://mail.yahoo.com