[extropy-chat] change of topic

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 11 20:00:06 UTC 2005

--- Adrian Tymes <wingcat at pacbell.net> wrote:

> I.e., a reduced tax burden does not directly translate
> to more hours in the day to do other things.  Even
> home schooling.

On the contrary. It is the modern tax structure that forces families to
have two earners. With a 46% tax burden between local, state, and
federal taxes, plus indirect taxation such as corporate taxation, VAT,
excises, duties, taxes added to rent, etc 60% of the average person's
income is taxation. If total taxes were reduced to just 10%, this means
that families could afford to have just one wage earner for the same
standard of living, as was done back when taxation WAS that low.

Eliminate the welfare state, the warfare state, and the police state,
and all the 'problems' those tyrannies are supposed to address will go
away and society will be much happier.

=====
Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)