[extropy-chat] change of topic

MB mbb386 at main.nc.us
Wed Jan 12 17:06:42 UTC 2005

Most full time jobs are not 24/7. IMHO if parenting does not come at
or very near the top of the priority list, then the job will likely
not be done well. One is "on call" always, 24/7, which can certainly
call for sacrifce.

Putting little ones to work with us ASAP is fine, however our friendly
government is kinda frowning on that nowadays. It is, IMO, part of
parenting, training the young to work, to be contributing parts of the
family, to be personally responsible. Currently (at least in the USA)
personal responsibility is greatly underrated!

Actually, I 'spect we agree more than our words show. :)

In no way did I mean that parenting is *necessarily* a sacrifice, but
it sure can suddenly require such. There's only so many hours in the
day, and the young are young for a limited time. We've got to be there
*then*!

Regards,
MB