[extropy-chat] MLK, JFK, RFK, Lennon...

Olga Bourlin fauxever at sprynet.com
Tue Jan 18 04:18:08 UTC 2005

From: "Ned Late" <nedlt at yahoo.com>

> They all tried very seriously to alter the status quo,
> and look at what happened to them.

I'm not certain I get what you are saying here.  Surely there have been many
people who have altered the status quo, and who did not get killed.

Observe:  A contemporary of MLK - civil rights pioneer James Forman, who
died just a week ago - was one of the people who "changed the course of
mighty rivers."  Cancer finally killed him at age 76, not a bullet.  And
there have been many like Forman, before and since - fearless,
uncompromising, compassionate people with integrity and vision.

And since you mentioned JFK - what did he ever do to alter the status quo?
(In most important ways he was the personification of the status quo,
testing which way the wind blew before commiting his thoughts towards the
"right path.").

Olga