[extropy-chat] Huygens: First visitor to Titan

Technotranscendence neptune at superlink.net
Tue Jan 18 13:15:12 UTC 2005

On Tuesday, January 18, 2005 1:16 AM Adrian Tymes wingcat at pacbell.net
wrote:
>> Yes, and we already know part of the way
>> to do this: privatize as much of it as possible.
>> The other part is to punish many of those
>> involved in creating the efficiencies in the
>> first place.
>
> Surely you mean "inefficiencies", no?

Yes, my bad.

> (And I'm not sure punishing the creators would
> work as well as punishing those who sustain
> the inefficiencies, in light of better options.)

Both.  If the creators of them are punished as well as the sustainers,
then in the future people will be less likely to create new ones -- or
to take actions that might.  Imagine legislators, bureaucrats, and
lobbyists being ordered to pay for the inefficiencies they are involved
in creating or sustaining.

Cheers!

Dan
http://uweb.superlink.net/neptune/