Murderers among the sexes/was Re: [extropy-chat] Who is really the dominant gender?

Technotranscendence neptune at superlink.net
Wed Jan 26 02:50:02 UTC 2005

Regarding the "murderer" rate among the sexes, several years ago I read
a study of muders based on all the murders that had taken place in a
typical American county over the course of several decades.  Two
interesting results: men were about twice as likely to be murderers than
women, but men were also twice as likely to be murdered.  In fact, even
among women killers, their victims were more likely to be men than
women.

Of course, this is based on my recollection and the limits of the
particular study.  I'm not sure how well that holds in general,
especially outside America or outside the time period under
consideration.

Cheers!

Dan
    See "Ust Contra Tebye" at: