[extropy-chat] so is America fascist yet?

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 28 23:27:21 UTC 2005

--- Ned Late <nedlt at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have heard from numerous sources that Germans are
> more civilised in the 21st century than Americans, but
> can the same be said for the French? Don't many
> Frenchmen glorify their recent militaristic past--
> i.e. Algeria, Vietnam? Napoleon is a national hero...

The 21st century is only 4 years old. Give them a few decades to get
their ruffs up some more. It was 43 years between the end of the
Franco-German War and the start of WWI. Reunification only happened a
decade ago. The fact is the Germans killed as many people in the 20th
century, between the two world wars, as Stalin and Mao. Anyone who
tries to compare Bush to those three regiemes is being obviously
hyperbolic and histrionic.

The Japanese are being even more civilized than Germany, but so what?
What makes you think that ANY society isn't or is no longer capable of
being incredibly savage and inhumane to their fellow man? You watch
innocents being beheaded by savages on al Jazeera and you call Bush the fascist?

=====
Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)