[extropy-chat] Re: The Force of Human Freedom

MB mbb386 at main.nc.us
Mon Jan 31 12:16:39 UTC 2005

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005, Amara Graps wrote:

> Do you recognize seige mentality, Greg?  It steals from your
> life. I don't understand how any life-loving person can accept
> living their life looking over their shoulder every minute. It
> makes you old very fast.

Right. And this is why I no longer watch TV. I will not, if I can
avoid it, fill my mental life with fear and garbage. When my SO was
here, TV was on a *lot*.

Perhaps it is the visual representations - "living technicolor" - that
is one of my problems. I re-see the pictures when I close my eyes to
sleep ... and then don't sleep.  However, I found even the sounds, the
background music, seemed designed to get my pulse racing. IMHO that is
not healthy.

Regards,
MB