Rules of Engagement was Re: [extropy-chat] Re: Meta: Too far

Brett Paatsch bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au
Fri Jul 1 00:32:10 UTC 2005

Joseph Bloch wrote:

> When conversations have risen to such a level of absurdity (and I speak
> here of Brett's questions, not Stuart's answers) then perhaps the time has
> come to move on to more productive conversations.

Well of course a con-versation can only reach a level of absurdity if
more than one person wants to pursue it, otherwise its a soliloquy isn't
it?

I am interested in the rules of engagement concept. I think its relevant
to what is going on in the world now.

Sometimes it seems we, here, have quite a bit of trouble even holding
ourselves to the rules of engagement on a mailing list ;-)

But by all means others can post threads on other topics as they like
and if those topics are of interest then other less "absurd" conversations
might develop. I don't want to badger anyone into talking about stuff
that doesn't interest them, I just have to assume that if it doesn't
interest
them then they won't talk about it.

Brett Paatsch