[extropy-chat] finding old sf

MB mbb386 at main.nc.us
Sat Jul 2 00:47:05 UTC 2005

On Fri, 1 Jul 2005, Damien Broderick wrote:

> At 07:15 PM 7/1/2005 -0400, MB wrote:
>
> >Ah, Dorsai! Love those stories, don't have them all, can't find them.
> >It's a problem, loving old SF.
>

> Not really. Try www.abebooks.com
>
> e.g.
> http://dogbert.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?an=dickson&y=14&kn=dorsai&x=25
>
> (lots of these books for a buck + postage)
>
> or ebay.

True, I wrote before I thought...

I purchased a few years ago an Ace Double, recommended/found for me
through abebooks by Jim Fehlinger (formerly of this list, IIRC):
Second Ending by James White - AI/robots saving the last man - and
re-doing creation from the dust and seeds caught in his trouser cuffs.
:)

... a book full of "suspended animation" and friendly AI.

And also the very first SF I ever read.

Really what I need is more shelf space! :)))

Regards,
MB