[extropy-chat] Transhuman Military

T.Theodorus Ibrahim theo at gmx.co.uk
Sat Jul 2 13:29:19 UTC 2005

Just saw this post by J. Andrew Rodgers. This is very interesting. There
does seem to be this rather strange (or maybe not so strange) military -
transhuman axis. Historically, here in the UK in the early part of the 20th
century  there was a guy named JFC Fuller, one of the pioneers of armoured
warfare, mechanisation and proponent of the drive towards the greater
efficiency this would bring. He & his cadre placed great emphasis on the
technology of improving human performance in the military arena, in a way
somewhat reminiscent of what we might recognise
as transhumanism today - except with that specific military focus. If there
are a lot of proto extropians now or in the recent past in the military the
roots of that may lie quite a long time in the past. Something to think
about.

cheers
t. theodorus ibrahim