[extropy-chat] NEWS: Le Magazine De L'Optimum - Natasha

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 17:39:07 UTC 2005

On 7/4/05, Natasha Vita-More wrote:
>  The French glossy culture/style magazine, "Le Magazine De L'Optimum" covers
> my latest ideas and designs in its "Techno - Multimedias" section, page 56.

Apparently not available online.  :(

But during my searching I found you credited in a French interview
dated 23.06.2005 with Daniel Ichbiah, author of Robots: Genesis of
artificial people.

<http://www.vieartificielle.com/nouvelle/?id_nouvelle=929>

Translation of the appropriate paragraph (Google + me):

During the preparation of this book, which meeting, human or
robot-like, had the biggest effect on you?

Philippe Druillet, whom I had interviewed at the time of the release
of the video game The Ring 2 agreed to meet me for The Robots and he
gave me a brilliant analysis of the phenomenon. I also liked the
interview Brian Carlisle of Adept Technology gave me because it had
the straightforward direct approach of an engineer who knows his
business well. For a very different point of view, I found that
Natasha Vita-More, who supports the good foundation of bionics,
superbly defended her viewpoint, and I say this with all the more
intensity because my position was very skeptical in this area. Lastly,
on a purely personal basis, the meeting that I liked the most, that
fascinated me the most, is that with the New York artist Chico
Mcmutrie. He creates groups of robots which you interact with.

BillK