Army re-enlistment ahead of schedule, was: Re: [extropy-chat] give a small window into the military mind

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 6 16:52:30 UTC 2005

--- Alfio Puglisi <puglisi at arcetri.astro.it> wrote:

> Hmm, it's sometimes difficult to follow this kind of news from 6,000
> miles
> away. Given that the media picture about this is uniformly negative,
> while
> the Army picture is instead quite positive, one cannot avoid the
> impression that everything is spinned this way or the other. Thanks
> for all the data.

See, this is the sort of bias I'm talking about. I've pretty much
proven my prior assertion, and the best you are willing to do is say
"everything is spinned this way or the other", as if that is somehow a
neutral appraisal that both sides are guilty. How does a soldier on the
street in Bagdad or the hills of Afghanistan spin his own opinion away
from the reality of his or her own experiences? That is just nonsensical.

Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)
Blog: http://intlib.blogspot.com