[extropy-chat] The Dead

Neil Halelamien neuronexmachina at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 19:43:40 UTC 2005

On 7/6/05, kevinfreels.com <kevin at kevinfreels.com> wrote:
> What is interesting is that they list people who died of non-cambat related
> things such as disease, accidents, etc.
> Has anyone done a comparison study of deaths with a control group similar to
> the composition of the forces we have in the region?
> Supposing we have 300,000 able bodies 18-40 yr olds over there. What are the
> death rates compared to the same population here?

Here's an interesting figure from businessweek:

(can't find original article)

http://www.businessweek.com//magazine/content/02_43/art02_43/a43tab11.gif

To quote one line from the table, in the period of 1993-1995 there
were 1.6 million active troops, 36 dead from terrorist attacks, 1714
from accidents, 0 from hostile action, 236 from homicide, and 718
self-inflicted.