[extropy-chat] Prelate: Catholicism incompatible with neo-Darwinism.

John K Clark jonkc at att.net
Sat Jul 9 14:39:52 UTC 2005

I must respectfully disagree with His Eminence Cardinal Schonborn; I don't
think there is any conflict between Evolution and Catholic theology. I agree
there is a huge contradiction between Evolution and the idea of a benevolent
God because each tiny advance Evolution produces must be paid for in a world
of pain and unhappiness and death; however as neither the Christian nor the
Islamic God is benevolent there is no contradiction with Evolution.
Therefore I humbly suggest church officials stop worrying about Evolution
and concentrate on things they have real world experience with, like chasing
little boys.

   John K Clark