[extropy-chat] feeling more better

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Sat Jul 9 20:32:10 UTC 2005

On Jul 9, 2005, at 12:55 PM, c c wrote:

> Samantha, I dont know how to communicate with you as we both speak
> the same language but I cannot express my difference of opinion
> with you at all. It is as if I came from another planet. You write
> as if I have taken a definite position on the war.

I wrote in response to the suggestion that a neutron bomb was some
kind of solution to terrorism.   You are not the only one that has
made such a suggestion.  I believe I must speak up at such times.

> Such is not the case, I don't know what is going on, and every time
> I ask a dissident or conspiracy theorist for info on the secret
> aspects of the allied war the inevitable reply is forthcoming, "do
> your own research". It is so predictable, thereafter the personal
> attacks start. But though I have severe doubts concerning the
> allies, I have no respect for al qaeda or bin Laden whatsoever. I
> see no intrinsic difference between the 'Werewolves' terrorists of
> 1945-6 Germany and al qaeda, bin Laden is just a religious thug.
> BTW if you don't like the designation 'terrorist' then substitute
> 'freedom fighter', the name Islamo-militants call themselves or are
> called means nothing. For starters you would have t! o fill me in
> on grave allied secrets, which you can't do. We could start with a
> morals discussion of the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings of 60
> years ago, but we would go nowhere, being intellectuals. Morality
> aside, soldiers do; intellectuals perseverate.

Please reread what I wrote.  It goes far deeper than this so-called
war and a personal interchange.   What I wrote is not about persons
or personalities.  The above does not touch the fundamental thing I
was attempting to bring out.