[extropy-chat] HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANDERS!

Natasha Vita-More natasha at natasha.cc
Sun Jul 10 17:37:03 UTC 2005

Please join me in making a toast to Anders Sandberg!  "May you live all the
days of your life." Jonathan Swift

"Here's to you old friend, may you live a thousand years,
Just to sort of cheer things up, in this vale of [trans]human tears;
And may I live a thousand too-a thousand-less one day,
Because I wouldn't want to be on earth, and hear you'd passed away. (Anon)

And for fun:

"Inside every older person is a younger person - wondering what the hell
happened." Cora Harvey Armstrong

"To me, old age is always 15 years older than I am." Bernard Baruch

"Old age isn't so bad when you consider the alternative." Maurice Chevalier

"Of late I appear
To have reached that stage
When people who look old
Who are only my age."
Richard Armour

"When I was younger, I could remember anything, whether it happened or
not." Mark Twain

"I'm at an age when my back goes out more than I do." Phyllis Diller

"A diplomat is a man who always remembers a woman's
birthday but never remembers her age."  Robert Frost

"You are only young once, but you can be immature for a lifetime." John P.
Grier

"If I'd known I was going to live this long (100 years),
I'd have taken better care of myself."  Ubie Blake

"Men are like wine. Some turn to vinegar, but the best improve with age."
C.E.M. Joad

"Let us respect gray hairs, especially our own." J. P. Sears

"Age is a high price to pay for maturity." Tom Stoppard

"If we could be twice young and twice old we could correct all our
mistakes." Euripides

"Growing old is like being increasingly penalized for a crime you have not
committed." Anthony Powell

Cheers!
Natasha

<http://www.natasha.cc/>Natasha <http://www.natasha.cc/>Vita-More
Cultural Strategist, Designer
Studies of the Future, University of Houston
President, <http://www.extropy.org/>Extropy Institute
Founder, <http://www.transhumanist.biz/>Transhumanist Arts & Culture

Knowledge is the most democratic source of power.  Alvin Toffler
Random acts of kindness... Anne Herbet