[extropy-chat] Many eyes

MB mbb386 at main.nc.us
Mon Jul 11 19:02:07 UTC 2005

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005, John Calvin wrote:

> <quote>
> I have to hide anything that the powers that be decide to make a
> crime that real should never have been one.  I have to be able to
> hide as long as some people wish to legally run everyone else's
> life.
> </quote>
>
> I agree with Samantha on this point.  I for one am not opposed to a
> Transparent Society, I just don't happen to believe that our society
> is quite ready to be transparent.

[...]

I agree here also. And who is to know when some different group will
decide to outlaw something that *was* legal - and make it retroactive?

Who is watching the watchers?

I am not ready to live in a fishbowl. Yet I work in a place where
everything is videorecorded.

What recourse would we have when our private lives are made public for
public entertainment or ridicule or legal action? None?

Some folks don't have enough to do.

Regards,
MB