[extropy-chat] Who thinks the Bush admin lied over Iraq? On what basis?

Brett Paatsch bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au
Tue Jul 12 02:43:44 UTC 2005

I've only had time to dip into some ongoing threads but I notice that both Robert Lindauer and Dan Clemmensen have
stated that they think that "we", meaning the US, or the Bush administration, (I'm not part of any of those "we") deliberately lied or misrepresented the reasons for invading Iraq.

Whilst I do tend to that view, I am not utterly convinced of it yet. And yet it is an important fact, or otherwise, to establish or not surely? One thing that I suspect most extropian or transhumanist list posters might agree on, is that the Iraq and terrorism business has grabbed a big chunk of the worlds attention. Attention that might have been directed far more profitably (to the net human good) elsewhere.

I wonder on what basis those that are convinced of it, are
so convinced? Please, give only opinions based on hard facts.

We all know that we can make up nonsense for ourselves we don't need to do it for each other.

Brett Paatsch