[extropy-chat] communication issues.

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 13 21:35:58 UTC 2005

--- Damien Sullivan <phoenix at ugcs.caltech.edu> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 13, 2005 at 12:50:15PM -0400, John K Clark wrote:
> > "David" <deimtee at optusnet.com.au>
> >
> > >What Samantha said was "If I was Iraqi I would almost certainly be
> in the
> > >resistance and  consider those cops  turncoats to their own
> people."
> >
> > Wow, did she actually say that? I somehow missed that new gem from
> Samantha,
> > and just when I was starting to think I'd too hard on her in the
> past. After
>
> Right, because no one here would join the resistance to a power which
> had managed to conquer and occupy (or try to occupy) the USA in the
> name of bringing us better government.  And I'm sure we all think
> Robert E. Lee was a crazy person for choosing to defend his state
> even though he allegedly didn't approve of slavery.

Samantha's statement is nonsensical, seeing as she claims to be a
libertarian, if we instead imagine some day in the future when a
foreign power invaded the US, deposed its government and put in place a
much more libertarian one. Would she join the
Democrat/Republican/Chiefs of Police Association resistance to oppose
the Libertarian "puppet" "turncoats"? If she would, then she is not a
libertarian, and if she wouldn't, then she contradicts the logic of her
earlier statement.

Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)
Blog: http://intlib.blogspot.com