[extropy-chat] Who thinks the Bush admin lied overIraq?Onwhatbasis?

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 14 15:32:55 UTC 2005

--- Brett Paatsch <bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au> wrote:

> Mike Lorrey wrote:
>
> > --- Brett Paatsch <bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au> wrote:
> >>
> >> IF Bush ordered the invasion of Iraq illegally. And you supported
> >> him would you be, in your view, a thug coddler?
> >
> > Whether Bush had bad intel is irrelevant to the issue of whether
> the
> > invasion was illegal. Saddam's refusal to cooperate with the arms
> > inspectors, for instance, plus an entire decade of violations of
> the
> > Gulf War cease-fire agreement, were far more important IMHO. Bush
> (as
> > well as every other UN SC member) was obligated to enforce all UN
> > resolutions being violated by Iraq, including a number that had
> nothing
> > to do with WMD.
>
> But you haven't answered my question. I am trying to get some deeper
> insight into the real Mike Lorrey here.
>
> You don't have to answer the question if you don't want to but I did
> ask exactly what I meant to ask and I am really interested.

If for some reason I were to conclude that my previous statements
regarding the justification for deposing Saddam's government were
wrong, then Bush would be what? What law are you claiming he broke? And
does breaking a law make one a thug?

What law are you saying Bush broke?

I don't recall there being a law that Bush has broken. He hasn't
testified anywhere falsely, though his some of his minions have, and
his invasion of Iraq was fully justified under many UN resolutions, so
exactly what laws are you claiming he broke, and when did he become
subject to them?

Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)
Blog: http://intlib.blogspot.com