[extropy-chat] Dark matter and ET

Amara Graps amara at amara.com
Fri Jul 15 06:09:32 UTC 2005

Damien Sullivan phoenix at ugcs.caltech.edu :
>I don't know the details, but my impression is that current models
>predict that the amount of baryonic matter we see is about what is out
>there, e.g. the missing mass is mostly not dark normal matter.  If it
>were, the models of nucleosynthesis in the Big Bang would give
>different results than we observe.

I wrote in detail on this topic to Robert, Damien, Milan in January 2004,
and since the topic came up this year, I posted it here in February 2005:

http://lists.extropy.org/pipermail/extropy-chat/2005-February/013915.html

(being as far from cosmology as I could be, but I was condensing material
for my astronomy students at the time, so the references were handy)

Amara

Amara Graps, PhD          email: amara at amara.com
Computational Physics     vita:  ftp://ftp.amara.com/pub/resume.txt
Multiplex Answers         URL:   http://www.amara.com/