[extropy-chat] Who thinks the Bush admin lied overIraq?Onwhatbasis?

Brett Paatsch bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au
Fri Jul 15 23:59:30 UTC 2005

Mike Lorrey wrote:

> --- Brett Paatsch <bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au> wrote:

>> > Those who have indulged in Monday morning quarterbacking
>> > the U.S. presidency sure make that job sound easy.  Who
>> > shall I write in for your vice president?
>>
>> Well heck Spike there are just so many fine candidates its to
>> hard to pick :-) The most important thing is to keep incompetent
>> and or dishonourable oathbreaking lawbreaking people *out*
>> of the job that is "just one heartbeat away".
>>
>> Maybe John McCain. Maybe Teddy Kennedy.
>
> You think "Splash" Kennedy would make a "competent" and
> "honorable" and "non-oathbreaking" and "non-lawbreaking"
> president?

As I said Mike I only gave the question about 5 seconds thought.
If "Splash" as you are calling him is unelectable simply pick another.

I'm neither a Republican nor a Democrat so I named one each of
what I am confident are many fine Republican politicians and
Democrats.

One thing I *like* about Kennedy is that I think he said somewhere
that the doctrine of preemption is dead. I think he is somewhat
overoptimistic on that. But its a noble sentiment and a very very
worthy goal. I can hardly think of a more dangerous doctrine in
the hands of an administration in a era of terror. The doctrine of
preemption may preempt you and me right out of our legal rights.

I suspect that our very genes 'know' the logic of tit for tat and that
those that want to use the doctrine of preemption when the stakes
are actual human lives are publicly declaring that they want to be
able to have the occassional free slug with impunity. We'll kill a
few innocents as well as the bad uns, but it doesn't matter, let God
or Allah sort em out. And oh killing is such great sport and it makes
such great television. <I am being ironic if any newbies are reading
this. >

Brett Paatsch