[extropy-chat] Who thinks the Bush admin lied overIraq?Onwhatbasis?

Jeff Davis jrd1415 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 20 08:29:45 UTC 2005

--- spike <spike66 at comcast.net> wrote:

> Brett, I am now thinking that anyone who would
> *want* that
> job would need to be irrational and obviously
> mentally
> defective.  Hmmm, I guess that's the problem.

Not a problem, Spike.  Rather the solution to the
problem, or at least the criteria for the solution.

Institute a draft.  For the presidency.
Qualifications: visceral objection to taking the job.

Alternatively, allow people who want to run for higher
office to do so, but first they have to be neutered.

You see people are unjustifiably afflicted with the
democracy meme. Plodding about in an uncreative funk.
"The founding fathers" used the lessons of history to
form the enlightenment principles and reinvent
government back when.  I think it's time to do it
again.  Time to reinvent government in light of the
lessons learned and the societal changes since the
last reinvention.

I can't be the only one who thinkdthis democracy think
is a huge con game.  Media moguls teach the masses
what to think, then the über-rich pre-select by
campaign contributions those candidates acceptable to
them.  Explain to me again how political freedom and
an informed electorate is at work in this process.

Best, Jeff Davis

"No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental
ills of society. If we're looking for the sources of
our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we
should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and
love of power." - P. J. O'Rourke