[extropy-chat] Canada legalizes gay marriage

Al Brooks kerry_prez at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 20 23:11:38 UTC 2005

The heritability of social security benefits is alone a reason to want gay marriage legalized.
I don't think gays even have to justify their desiring gay marriage legalized on legal terms at all; a gay couple can say 'we want to make it legal', without going into torturous justification of such. You just do what you want, within rational parameters, without being a hyper-intellectual splitting hairs all the time.
Sure, a libertarian can make a case for not accepting gay marriage because gay marriage would give government more jurisdiction. But to say gay marriage is a "chain" is entirely subjective. To me, being married to a woman and being nagged half to death is the ultimate chain.

http://mail.yahoo.com