[extropy-chat] Re: Gay marriage in Spain, a world of change

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 21 02:57:14 UTC 2005

--- Brent Neal <brentn at freeshell.org> wrote:

>  (7/20/05 12:56) Mike Lorrey <mlorrey at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >Well, no, Harvey, that isn't what the law does. The gay marriage law
> >grants subsidies to those who seek government endorsement and
> >certification of their natural but abnormal practices.
>
> As opposed to the government laws that grant subsidies for an act
> between heterosexual couples that they would do anyway.
>
> I find it terribly amusing that people who ostensibly have a distrust
> for government intervention and a strong desire to to have the law
> applied with brutal equality suddenly recoil in fear when the subject
> of homosexuality comes up.

No recoiling here, at all. I also have no desire for any law to be
brutally applied (except, perhaps, upon those who wish it upon others
with inane justification). I have objection to anyone seeking to expand
government benefits for anyone who didn't actually earn them. For the
record I'm against Social Security in general as well as government
marriage licensing of any kind. The master doesn't ask his servant for
permission to exercise his right.

I also find it ironic that those who hate George Bush are so militant
about pushing forward a change in law which was the most responsible
for Bush's get-out-the-vote. These same persons tend toward the
blame-America camp wrt 9/11, that it was US policies coming back to
visit us, but refuse to recognise that their claimed effect became
reality wrt gay marriage and Bush's reelection from their own domestic
policy advocacy.

Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)
Blog: http://intlib.blogspot.com