[extropy-chat] ET is a Bacterium

Robert Lindauer robgobblin at aol.com
Thu Jul 21 03:35:07 UTC 2005

You're hilarious.  May it take you far.

So the story is that some incorrectly chromosomed proto-chicken managed
to hatch and egg AND find a matching incorrectly chromosomed
proto-chicken that knew what to do with it to make a REAL chicken come
out the other side?

But you still have the problem, where'd the proto-chicken come from?

Choices are, as I see it, primordial ooze (which doesn't seem to be
experimentally viable), space bugs (which leave the same questions
open), an intelligent designer (which gives some people the willies,
probably understandably), or life is co-existent with the temporally
unbounded universe (which may not give anyone the willies but it does
cause a lot of confusion - especially when you throw in evolution as an
order-increasing force in the universe with an eternity to organize
itself...  you'd think we'd have a completely well-ordered universe by
now inhabited by perfect intelligences - on second thought such a
proposal might give someone the willies after all).

Best Wishes,

Robbie Lindauer