[extropy-chat] post on gay marriage

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Fri Jul 22 11:46:13 UTC 2005

On Jul 21, 2005, at 8:28 PM, Lifespan Pharma Inc. wrote:

> If we are truly objective and discuss the utility to gayness in the
> current world scheme we might consider that

"truly objective"? "utility"  What is the "utility" of your very
life?   Is it "truly objective" to try to find some "utility" for it?

> for every gay couple there is zero possibility for procreation for
> males and perhaps less than average procreation
> for females.   Thus gayness is a modest method of population
> control.  I would make the suggestion that
> the population curve of a group of 50/50 gay males and females is
> less than 2 children per couple,(flat or curving downwards)  be it
> by adoption or extramarital impregnation.
>
> As well gayness culturally is about tolerance for minority
> viewpoints in relationships so might be deemed
> a less than average aggressive lifestyle.

Tolerance?  You are talking about my life.  Not tolerating my life
would be fighting for my life time not some cold "objectivity" or
some place for you to maybe be generous if you could rationalize
yourself some excuse.

> As well , as a trend, the acceptance of unusual lifestyles is
> something that preceeds the acceptance of
> unusual manefestations of human physical forms.

LIFESTYLE??  Get a clue.  Is your life a "lifestyle"?

> So from this perspective gayness has some value to support
> tolerance of cultural and physical evolution.

I am sooo glad.

- samantha