[extropy-chat] Penn and Teller on The Patriot Act

Amara Graps amara at amara.com
Fri Jul 22 15:27:56 UTC 2005

Since the Patriot Act looks like it is moving in the direction of
renewal,

'House votes to keep anti-terror law
But Senate version puts more limits on federal agents'

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2005/07/22/MNG0VDS1SH1.DTL

I will point you to Penn and Teller's opinion on the subject:

'The Patriot Act is Bullshit'
http://www.crooksandliars.com/2005/06/14.html#a3444

(17 minutes of comedy and tragedy, but mostly tragedy)

Amara

Amara Graps, PhD          email: amara at amara.com
Computational Physics     vita:  ftp://ftp.amara.com/pub/resume.txt
Multiplex Answers         URL:   http://www.amara.com/