[extropy-chat] post on gay marriage

Al Brooks kerry_prez at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 22 20:23:01 UTC 2005

I sense there is an attempt to pick on gays now that blacks can't be manipulated the way they were in the past. Related to this, I passed by a group of antiabortion protesters outside a clinic a few days ago, the appearance was almost like that of an exorcism, "we have been annointed and must cleanse the evil of abortion from this Family Planning building". It is almost as if the so-called Christians are daring their opponents to dislike them so they can be vindicated as being the Annointed Ones versus those evil ones who oppose their God. You can trace this back to ancient times.
The same people dislike gays, though they say they dislike homosexuality but not homosexuals. "We have been annointed to cleanse the sin of homosexuality from our communities".This is a means to an end, an excuse to exclude those they don't like. And if one were to turn it around against them in saying,  "I don't like Christianity, but I like Christians" they would become incensed, "what do you MEAN you don't like our religion?". By 'what do you MEAN?' they are asking, "what IS your intention? Are you trying to exclude us as we are trying to exclude you? We cannot have that, we are the annointed, you are the target of our pious wrath".
Tell you one thing for sure, heterosexual couples who don't take adequate care of their children are much more of a plague to societies than gays who marry.

http://mail.yahoo.com