[extropy-chat] Re: Gay marriage in Spain, a world of change

Brent Neal brentn at freeshell.org
Sat Jul 23 12:10:22 UTC 2005

 (7/20/05 19:57) Mike Lorrey <mlorrey at yahoo.com> wrote:

>I also find it ironic that those who hate George Bush are so militant
>about pushing forward a change in law which was the most responsible
>for Bush's get-out-the-vote. These same persons tend toward the
>blame-America camp wrt 9/11, that it was US policies coming back to
>visit us, but refuse to recognise that their claimed effect became
>reality wrt gay marriage and Bush's reelection from their own domestic
>policy advocacy.

I don't find that ironic at all - I find it refreshing that people are willing to still stand on their principles. I distrust people who are willing to sacrifice such in order to gain fleeting victories over the political opposition, mainly because ALL political victories are fleeting and in the end, only consistent principles have endured.  Ask Churchill. He understood this.

Brent

--
Brent Neal
Geek of all Trades

"Specialization is for insects" -- Robert A. Heinlein