[extropy-chat] Ultra-hard-line Islam report on bioethics

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 23 17:26:56 UTC 2005

--- Joseph Bloch <jbloch at humanenhancement.com> wrote:

>  From the folks who want to re-establish the Caliphate and quite
> literally conquer the world:
>
> http://www.hizb-ut-tahrir.org/english/books/pdfs/cloning.pdf

That isn't all:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/07/22/AR2005072200709_pf.html

Attacks on UK will continue, radical cleric says

By Gideon Long
Reuters
Friday, July 22, 2005; 10:57 AM

LONDON (Reuters) - Militant Islamists will continue to attack Britain
until the government pulls its troops out of Iraq and Afghanistan, one
of the country's most outspoken Islamic clerics said on Friday.

Speaking 15 days after bombers killed over 50 people in London and a
day after a series of failed attacks on the city's transport network,
Sheikh Omar Bakri Mohammed said the British capital should expect more
violence.

"What happened yesterday confirmed that as long as the cause and the
root problem is still there ... we will see the same effect we saw on
July 7," Bakri said.

"If the cause is still there the effect will happen again and again,"
he said, adding he had no information about future attacks or contacts
with people planning to carry out attacks.

Bakri, a Syrian-born cleric who has been vilified in Britain since 2001
when he praised the September 11 hijackers, said he did not believe the
bombings and attempted attacks on London were carried out by British
Muslims.

He condemned the killing of all innocent civilians but described
attacks on British and U.S. troops in Muslim countries as "pro-life"
and justified.

In an interview with Reuters, Bakri described Osama bin Laden, leader
of the radical Islamist network al Qaeda, as "a sincere man who fights
against evil forces."

Bakri said he would like Britain to become an Islamic state but feared
he would be deported before his dream was realized.

"I would like to see the Islamic flag fly, not only over number 10
Downing Street, but over the whole world," he said.

MESSAGE OF PEACE ... MESSAGE OF WAR

A hate figure for the British tabloid press, the bearded and
bespectacled Bakri said Islam contained "a message of peace for those
who want to live with the Muslims in peace."

"But Islam is a message of war for those who declare war against
Muslims," he said.

"I condemn any killing and any bombing against any innocent people in
Britain or abroad, but I expect the British people to condemn the
killing of Muslims in Iraq and Afghanistan."

However, asked about Islamist attacks on British and U.S. troops and on
Israelis, he said: "If violence is pro-life I don't condemn it."

Britain has around 1,100 troops in Afghanistan and 8,500 in Iraq. Prime
Minister Tony Blair supported the United States in its respective
invasions of both countries in 2001 and 2003.

Bakri, a 46-year-old father of six, was born in Syria and lived in
Lebanon and Saudi Arabia. When the Saudi government expelled him in
1985 he came to London.

Nicknamed "The Tottenham Ayatollah" after the area of north London in
which he lives, he has infuriated many Britons with his firebrand
speeches and refusal to condemn suicide bombings.

He founded the British branch of Hizb ut-Tahrir, which describes itself
as a non-violent political party dedicated to creating an Islamic
caliphate centered on the Middle East.

But he split from the group in 1996 and set up al Muhajiroun, which won
notoriety in 2001 for celebrating the attacks on the World Trade Center
and Pentagon which killed nearly 3,000 people.

Bakri has Syrian and Lebanese citizenship and says he thinks the
British government might deport him to one of those two countries in
the wake of this month's bombings.

"But I think that would be political suicide for the British government
if they started to deport and imprison all extremists and radicals," he
said.

"Because if, God forbid, something happened again, they would have
nobody left to blame."

-- end quote --

It is clear that, despite the claims of the blame-America crowd,
Islamist thugs like this are not just 'defending the muslim world', it
is, instead, they who are the imperalists, infiltrating in the sheeps
clothing of victimhood.

Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)
Blog: http://intlib.blogspot.com