[extropy-chat] Why I am No Longer a Libertarian Either...

Al Brooks kerry_prez at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 26 01:40:56 UTC 2005

Oh, sure. The poor have to do what they must to
survive and try to get ahead. Poverty remains self
perpetuating 'only' for the near future. Successive
generations can develop affluence, and those who have
what it takes can become posthuman.
What I have doubts about, just for starters, is union
activity. Unions in the 20th century helped raise the
standard of living for laborers; the negative result
was infiltration by mobsters-- and the other
consequences.