[extropy-chat] Why I am No Longer a Libertarian Either...

Robert Lindauer robgobblin at aol.com
Tue Jul 26 07:00:27 UTC 2005

Some people can't take a joke... relax!

Robbie

On the other hand... people would probably be a lot more polite if they
knew everyone else had a nuke in their pocket.

If you need a LITERAL point - I have "doubts" about guns as should
anyone who realizes what they're for and that Farrakhan and Lorrey
might have some.  Run for the hills!  But... certainly every person
ought to be able to defend themselves against threats they might
encounter, that's just wise.  Deterrence, I've found, is much better
than actually fighting, and since weapons tend to be the only deterrent
that some people understand, having some on hand is a good idea.  I'm
not sure a nuke is the appropriate choice, and for me and my little
family  a coupla shotguns are sufficient.