[extropy-chat] CEO pay and markets

Al Brooks kerry_prez at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 26 15:41:54 UTC 2005

After reading about many, and meeting a few, peasants who smoke a substantial amount (say a pack a day) of cigarettes, it appears cigarettes do have a value higher than one might think. The tobacco suppresses their appetites, stimulates them, allows them to concentrate on work & chores. Some of them don't inhale the smoke into their lungs, the nicotine is absorbed in their mouths. One man I know smokes between 3-5 packs a day, but he doesn't inhale into his lungs and x-rays show his lungs to be in excellent shape. Some days he will smoke as many as six packs.
The point is some of these smokers live to advanced ages, perhaps the appetite-suppressing effect of the tobacco restricting their caloric intake plus all the exercise they get lets them stay so trim. Also they don't think, much.

http://mail.yahoo.com