[extropy-chat] Why I am No Longer a Libertarian Either...

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 28 11:49:45 UTC 2005

--- "J. Andrew Rogers" <andrew at ceruleansystems.com> wrote:

> On 7/27/05 7:07 PM, "Robert Lindauer" <robgobblin at aol.com> wrote:
> > I'm going to make an a priori guess: far and away the most
> important
> > factor for becoming a millionaire in the United States is having
> > millionaire parents.  I actually think this matter is decided
> > empirically too.  Luck is only a very small factor as is skill or
> IQ,
> > etc.  Overwhelmingly inheriting money is the best way to ensure
> your own
> > wealth.
>

> More clueless bloviating. Instead of making an ass out of yourself by
> making random guesses that are grossly wrong and trivially verifiable
> as such, perhaps you should spend a little more time on an education.

> You talk an awful lot for having so little to say.
>

> The coarse statistics for millionaires in the US:  90% are self-made
> (i.e. they earned it), and two-thirds are "blue-collar".

Quite so. Research has found what is called the 'three generation
rule': family wealth and business ownership rarely survives past the
third family generation. I've met more kids of inherited wealth who are
penniless homeless drug addicts than anywhere else.

Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)
Blog: http://intlib.blogspot.com