[extropy-chat] Why I am No Longer a Libertarian Either...

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 29 14:19:38 UTC 2005

--- Jeff Davis <jrd1415 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- The Avantguardian <avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
> > ...Illegals use
> > public facilities paid for by tax-payers while they
> > themselves do not pay taxes. ...
>
> This is a point I've often wondered about.  Mssr.
> LaForge makes his assertion, but is it grounded in
> fact or is he just making it up?  That is, Stuart, is
> it something you **know** to be true or just something
> you **suppose** to be true?

It follows logically from the fact that illegals are paid under the
table, do not report income or file income tax returns, and expatriate
their money, minus living expenses, to their home countries (I have
seen illegals captured up here in New England, from Mexico and points
south, with upwards of $30k in their pockets). While illegals, if they
rent validly constructed homes or apartments, will tend to pay property
taxes, they also commit quite an amount of fraud. A former associate
who runs financing at a Colorado car dealership has had lots of
problems with illegals coming in with licenses issued them BY US
STATES, bought cars, driven them to Mexico, and defaulted on the
financing. Next time back they have a new name and a new set of id
cards, all validly issued by US states who don't examine them closely
enough or verify their authenticity with their home country.

TX, NM, AZ, CA, among others have all reported recently on the stranded
health care costs imposed by illegals upon the states and non-profit hospitals.

Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)
Blog: http://intlib.blogspot.com