[extropy-chat] Frozen water ice found by ESA Mars Express on Mars.

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 29 18:12:48 UTC 2005

Nice picture, quite striking. Of course, we knew there was frozen water
on Mars already, but the pooling in the crater floor demonstrates
possibly that there was liquidity in the geologically recent past (or
it may have just settled and precipitated from vapor at the lowest
altitude in the crater floor). Keep in mind that crater is 35 km wide,
so while it is a beautiful high res picture (the high res jpg is about
1500 px wide), it only shows details in the order of at least 10 meters
per pixel.

--- Bret Kulakovich <bret at bonfireproductions.com> wrote:

> Beautiful. It's just beautiful.
>

> Enjoy the frosty Hi-rez goodness.