[extropy-chat] Fighting Cancer with Math

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 3 13:53:49 UTC 2005

http://www.aecientificos.es/empresas/aecientificos/documentos/BiophysicalJou
> rnal.pdf
>
> as far as I know Volterra-Lotka integrodifferential
> equations can - in principle - provide the general
> behaviour. At least they can provide the best
> *timing* for treatments, rays, chemio, etc.

One of the problems with chemo and radiation therapies is that  they
are more toxic to the patient than the tumor is, often, so it is
frequently just a race to kill the tumor before the patient dies from
the treatment. A better treatment protocol would improve the odds.

Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)
Blog: http://intlib.blogspot.com