[extropy-chat] Famous author self destructs in public! Film ateleven.

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 5 03:30:28 UTC 2005

--- Brett Paatsch <bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au> wrote:

> > On 6/4/05, Samantha Atkins <sjatkins at mac.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Buzz off troll.
> >
> > Well, I've cut you slack for reasons you've communicated to me in
> > private thereby leaving me feeling I need to lay off while out of
> > decency refraining from either arguing with you or telling anyone
> why
> > I'm not arguing with you. But sod this for a lark; there are
> limits.
> > My political views on the matter of abortion happen to be closer to
> > yours than Mike's, but what of it? No, I will not buzz off. No, I
> will
> > not sit back and be quiet while you imply that anyone whose views
> > differ from yours is a troll.
>
> Russell, I think *you* have drawn an inference that Samantha did not
> imply.
>
> I do not think she was saying "Buzz of troll" to anyone other than
> Mike and even then only in relation to one particular post he made.
>
> I like Mike. I respect Mike including respecting his concerns for
> the issues of abortion.  But sometimes Mike *does* behave like a
> troll in that he seems to be deliberately inflamatory in order to get
> a response and perhaps to ensure that he can join the conversation.
> Personally, I don't think Samantha was out of line in saying what she
> said on this occassion.

On the contrary, Samantha was implying that all women have the power of
life and death over their kids. Such an attitude is IMHO little
different from that of a tyrant deciding who lives and who dies. It is
megalomaniacal. If anybody needs a good smack of reality, it is Samantha.

Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)
Blog: http://intlib.blogspot.com