[extropy-chat] self replicating machine ....

Jan Gruber bchjg at nus.edu.sg
Mon Jun 6 02:55:47 UTC 2005

I love the idea of using printers - especially because one could at least do a simple "proof of principle" experiment - maybe not for the self replication part but at least for the "printed" circuit .... Even a simple adder / subtractor circuit printed using a modified inkjet printer would be interesting.

But then it looks like that has already been done:

http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn6618

Any idea how complex/big the Epson setup is ?

Jan Gruber