[extropy-chat] Fly Me to the Moon

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 6 05:35:36 UTC 2005

--- Olga Bourlin <fauxever at sprynet.com> wrote:

> Dubbed "Herakles," the system would use an ion beam
> produced from xenon gas
> to propel the craft to speeds of 200,000 mph, 10
> times faster than the top
> speed of the space shuttle. :

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2002299705_ion04.html

Very cool. Between Herakles and NASA's NEO Program, I
will sleep better at night.

http://neo.jpl.nasa.gov/risk/

This is a very cool website. Hey Olga, check it out.
Your friend 2004MN4 is on the list and it will get 8
chances to hit us. So what I want to know is that is
the listed probabilty cumalative over the 8 potential
impacts or is that the probabilty per orbital pass?

Wow. Every time developments like this come around, I
think maybe just maybe, H. sapiens might have a chance
after all.

The Avantguardian
is
Stuart LaForge
alt email: stuart"AT"ucla.edu

"The surest sign of intelligent life in the universe is that they haven't attempted to contact us."
-Bill Watterson