[extropy-chat] Famous author self destructs in public! Filmateleven.

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 7 07:20:50 UTC 2005

--- Amara Graps <Amara.Graps at ifsi.rm.cnr.it> wrote:

> I was pregnant twice during the long years with my
> first boyfriend
> (high school sweetheart), once when I was 17, once
> when I was 19.
> The first was due to our being foolish, the second
> was the fluke of
> statistics, since I was on birth control. Since I
> was not ready to
> be a mom in both cases, we pooled our scarse money
> resources
> quickly, went together to the Planned Parenthood
> clinic to take care
> of it. No regrets.  We didn't tell our parents,
> since it was our
> responsibility and we didn't want anyone to worry.
> The only notable
> thing about these experiences in 1978 and 1980 was
> that I had a cold
> during the first time, and so instead of the usual
> general
> anasthesia, I was given ketamine, and I hallucinated
> badly coming
> out  of the procedure, and my sweetheart was sitting
> out in the waiting
> room for hours wondering what happened to me. The
> second time I
> didn't want the anasthesia.

Well I guess statistics are such that I would sooner
or later meet someone like you. With all the strong
emotion flying back and forth about this most touchy
of subjects, I am not sure whether I should give you
my condolences or congratulations. But either way
thank you for sharing. Aside from your simple
narrative of what happened, I am somewhat curious how
you felt about it? And do you feel differently about
it now then you did then?

The Avantguardian
is
Stuart LaForge
alt email: stuart"AT"ucla.edu

"The surest sign of intelligent life in the universe is that they haven't attempted to contact us."
-Bill Watterson