[extropy-chat] fanatic anxietist

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 8 16:25:58 UTC 2005

--- spike <spike66 at comcast.net> wrote:

> Some yahoo tied up traffic for hours in LA this morning
> by leading the cops on a OJ-esque low speed car chase
> and holding a gun to his own head.  They had to close
> Interstate 10, a main artery.  The economic damage done
> by this stunt is difficult to even estimate.
>
> We know of the big-time terrorists, Bin Ladin, Tim McVeigh
> et.al.  Do let us hope the terrorists never realize that
> they could tone down the attacks and compensate with
> larger numbers.  They could do things that don't slay
> or injure anyone, or even cause actual property damage,
> but rather merely block traffic, reducing the productivity
> of a society.  They could feign remorse over a lost lover,
> for instance and the courts would almost hafta just let them
> go, temporary insanity.
>
> If newspeak for "terror" is "double plus fear," then
> they would go for double minus fear.  They would need
> to come up with a name other than terrorist.  Anxietist?
> Inconveniencist?  Oy.

Vey. How about just "asshole"? Actually, as the interstate highways are
channels of commerce, and there are, and have been for a long time,
federal regs against the blockading of channels of commerce. It is
generally considered an act of war.

Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)
Blog: http://intlib.blogspot.com